Thursday, August 5, 2010

No More Pain

Revelation 21:4:"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Molly met Jesus face-to-face yesterday afternoon. I'm thrilled for her -- sad for me and all who love her.

Cancer had attacked her strong, beautiful body and broke it down until she could no longer sustaintain life here on earth. But today, and for all eternity, she will have no more pain because of her relationship with her Savior who paid the price to overcome death.

Molly didn't worry about herself much, but she did have concerns about her family and how they would get along without her. Molly was one of those "superwomen" I identify with so well. She worked hard to earn a good living, took care of her family's needs, kept up with friends, planned schedules, balanced issues -- all bobbing and weaving like a pro.

But Molly had learned that she didn't have control over the world (like we "superwomen" would prefer). She learned to love and live in the moment. Her example will stay with me.

I'm numb today. I was so glad to spend time with her last weekend. Now I'd give anything for one more visit.

Someday, we'll meet again. In the meantime, I pray I can take a page from her book and learn that it's not what we do -- but who we are -- that matters.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me think of Mom so much...

    So sorry for your loss, but glad to know your friend is in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears and more tears for Scott, their kids and ALL of the different people that I know that LOVED Molly. I have friends from ISU, work, church and Relay for Life that have all been impacted by her spirit... which will always live on!

    ReplyDelete